Thursday 22 February 2018

Mermaid Magic


Today I have a rather special card today for a rather special turning 3 year old Niece :-) Miss 3 is currently a big fan of Moana the movie. Not being so familiar with the movie myself,  I initially thought that Moana might be a mermaid....of course after later watching the Movie trailer, I realised my mistake but the card was already coming together so we decided to go on with the theme.


It's been a long time since I've made a Card in a Box and I wanted one that was able to fit inside our standard C6 envelopes. So I used this great tutorial I found on Pinterest by Tanya Bell for the base card. As Tanya has all the measurements detailed in her video, I'll just concentrate on sharing about the decorations :-)


Whilst I do have the Magical Day stamp set, the images in the Myths & Magic Specialty DSP are not only a little bigger, but have gorgeous glitter all over them. So, an afternoon of fussy cutting later...


And the scene is set for this magical world! A sparkly watery background housing Mermaids, little Sea Horses, a Dragon and hero Knight defending the mermaids' underwater Castle. All the pieces on the inside of the box are added on strips of Window Sheet so they appear to be floating.
Now all it needs is it's own little fairy story to go with it :-)



Card stock: Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Window Sheet
Designer Series Paper: Myths & Magic Specialty
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Magical Day
Accessories: Big Shot,  Stitched Shapes Framelits, White EP

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment