Friday 23 December 2016

Neutral Noel for JAI #342

Hello and welcome to the last Friday before Christmas for 2016! Time has flown and Christmas and the end of the year are almost here. The decorations are up and blinking and the carols have been playing. It really is my favourite time of year even though this year the timing has caught me somewhat by surprise and I am not as ready as usual or as much as I'd like.


And it is also our last challenge at Just Add Ink for the year. This week, Tina has a letter challenge to spark our creativity  - she has asked us to... Just Add...."N". There are lots of "N" ideas you could use from Navy coloured to a Nativity or Noel. Our lovely design team have all created wonderful cards to inspire you this week so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look. This challenge runs until January 4th to give you some time amongst the holiday's fesitivities to join and share with us :-)


I chose "Neutrals" and a "Noel" for my "N" items and made 2 cards!! I don't often use a lot of Crumbcake card and so this ended up being a true challenge for me but I like how well the copper and emerald green pop against it so I will make a few more of these instead of my usual white based creations. Now I'm left wondering why I didn't use them more before!

The "Noel" is embossed in Copper and the background has some Gold Wink of Stella flicked onto it. I've only recently worked out how to do this and it is quite easy when you know how like all things :-)   First make sure your pen's nib is full of ink, then place on the inside of the lid and the motion is that of doing a tick - like you are marking school homework and the more ink, the bigger the splatter will be.


The second card uses the same design, just real ribbons are added for some softness and texture instead of the die cut ones. Which one do you prefer? In both, the white spray is stamped in Versamark and then embossed onto the Crumbcake layer and the Noel in Copper. The only other colour comes from the die cut green leaves and on this one, the red and white twine.

Card stock: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Emerald Envy, Copper Foil
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Christmas Pines
Accessories: Big Shot, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Copper EP, White EP, Gold Wink of Stella, Burlap Ribbon, Candy Cane Lane Bakers Twine, White Perfect Accents, Mini Pinecones



I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what the rest of the design team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create using the letter "N" too :-)

Thanks for stopping by today and all throughout the year and a special thank you for all of you who have taken the time to leave comments. I love hearing from you and hope that you are inspired to make some cards too and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and may 2017 be a wonderful year for you and all your family!!



Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



1 comment:

  1. These cards are really beautiful, Jan. Crumb Cake is my most-used neutral! It is the perfect base for the bold colours you've used. Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete