Friday 5 February 2016

Watercolor Wings for JAI #297


It's Friday and that means it's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week, Nikki  has suggested a beautiful colour combo for us all to use. The design team have all created gorgeous cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and have a look :-)

Here are the colours:



And here is my card:


The butterfly uses the lovely Watercolor Wings set and co-ordinating dies. I quickly stamped off the base butterfly image using Pool Party ink - and then discovered I hadn't quite stamped it all off. However, I like it - it almost looks hand painted don't you think? A happy accident :-)


I added a vellum butterfly - so it has an added layer and height whilst not taking away from the coloured one - and it's topped with some blushing bride enamel dots from the Love Blossoms embellishment kit. Love these - will probably need some more quite soon! The white happy is cut and layered x3  with the top layer receiving the now standard touch of Wink of Stella :-) And it might be easier to see in the next photo that there is some of the Botanical Gardens designer Vellum - one of the free Saleabration products - over the background too. It's so soft and pretty! This is another one in the post already....off to the  favourite SIL....yes, she is pretty special in her own right as well as being married to the 'favourite" brother ...one and only LOL! We have a lot of favourites in our family :-)


Card stock: Whisper White (thick), Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Vellum
DSP: Subtles Stack, Botanical Gardens Designer vellum stack (Saleabration)
Inks: Versamark, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Pear Pizazz
Stamps: Watercolor Wings, Crazy About You
Accessories: Big Shot, Hello You thinlits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Elegant Dots EF, White EP, Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit, Metallic Gold Thread, Fine tip Glue pen, dimensionals and Snail

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop over to Just Add Ink and see all the lovely cards the design team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with these soft and beautiful colours!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Jan! I love how you've used these colours for your butterfly and the layers you've added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan there are so many wonderful elements on this card! I'm really digging the pink stripes in the background and I do love the uniqueness of your butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layers Jan. So soft. I am sure she will absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love! This is just beautiful Jan, l love every detail...I think this might be my fave card from all of your lovely creations.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Very. Pretty! Love the height you've given your sentiment, and the pink stripes and those utterly gorgeous enamel dots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan there are so many pretty details in this I don;t know where to start! Your butterfly turned out gorgeous and I love how you bulked up your happy. It's swirly style just adds to the movement of your butterfly - lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Jan.That butterfly is stunning & the balance of colours adds to it. Love the delicate embossing! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that butterfly. I saw it on Pinterest and came to see how it was done. Even after reading your post, I am not sure how to CASE that gorgeousness!!! Can you be a little more specific. I can figure out the rest of the card but really want to do a butterfly that looks like yours. I do have that bundle. Thanks

    ReplyDelete