Saturday 3 October 2015

You've Got A Birthday


It has been a lovely and warm 30 degrees today - it feels more like Summer than Spring and I am not complaining :-) The footy game is over - the local Melbourne team won and I admit if I had to pick a team it would've been purely based on that :-)

Today's card is for a lovely friend who had a birthday recently and she loves all things pink so I hope she likes this one.


The beautiful bloom is water coloured onto some Shimmery White card stock using an Aqua Painter. This card type gives a soft and subtle shimmer  that is really heard to see in the photos but us beautiful in real life - and being slightly thicker than water colour paper it also holds it's shape really well with the added water. I used Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss and some Meadow Moss for the leaves and kept the water to a minimum as I wanted the colours to stay nice and bright. And when dry  I added onto another layer of the Shimmery card to keep the sparkle going :-)


Card stock: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Designer Series Paper: Go Wild Stack
Inks: Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Meadow Moss, Versamark, Black Stazon
Stamps: You've Got This, Crazy About You
Accessories: Big Shot, Hello You Thinlits, White EP, Aqua Painter, Bright's Sequins Assortment

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend too!!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


1 comment:

  1. Louise (ON, Canada)4 October 2015 at 08:38

    Gorgeous card Jan! It must indeed be lovely IRL. I must try it with the shimmery paper. Thanks for the tip. Lovely weather you are having. Cold, rainy over here.:-)

    ReplyDelete