Wednesday 21 October 2015

Hello Poinsettia for PCCCS #167


Welcome and a happy Wednesday to you! This week at The Paper Craft Crew our challenge is something a little different  -  we have a Colour challenge for you as our monthly variation from the usual sketches. Pam has suggested these lovely bright colours for us to choose just three from to play with this week. The design team have created a great variety of cards to inspire you so I hope you can pop on over and have a look.


Here is my card:


I will say that this challenge was a hard one for me as these are not colours I usually use. So it really was an opportunity to move outside my comfort zone and grow a little. The colours are excellent for a Fall or Autumn theme for those in the Northern Hemisphere and here in Australia it is of course Spring so I decided to use that as my inspiration to put these colours to work :-) 
The flower is created using the new Poinsettia Punch and the co-ordinating stamp, Reason for the Season. A touch of the always Gorgeous Grunge and a strip of polka dot DSP and some rhinestones for bling and it all came together :-)


Card stock: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White (thick)
Designer Series Paper: Brights Designer Series Paper Stack
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Reason For The Season, Gorgeous Grunge, Four You (retired)
Accessories: Poinsettia Punch, Iced Rhinestones, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I can hope you can take a moment and pop on over to The Paper Craft Crew and see what the rest of the design team have created to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this fresh colour combo too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

3 comments:

  1. super pretty, really love the non-traditional color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! I'm really trying to get much better at commenting! I love this 3D flower, just stunning. I've seen many 3D type flowers, but never tried one yet myself. You always continue to inspire me. Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Jan. Love the 3D poinsettia... I have been trying really hard not to buy this one...LOL ... resistance is futile, right?

    ReplyDelete