Friday 17 April 2015

Just Add Sequins JAI #259

Well it is well and truly Autumn - there are leaves falling from the trees in their hundreds (or maybe even thousands?) I am not entirely sure but they are at least ankle deep and the "blowers' brigade is often out and about of late :-) Ido love how the trees change colour BEFORE they lose their leaves though - that is so pretty!

Talking of "pretty"…we have a wonderfully fun and pretty Challenge for you this week at Just Add Ink :-) Patrice has suggested we "Just Add Sequins"! So I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and see all the wonderful ideas the Team created to inspire you this week with this fun theme.

As for me…well,  this was always going to be a shaker card -  simply because I do love them as they are so much fun - both to make and to receive :-) I am sure that others can make better ones than I do too! For this one I wanted to keep it a little masculine for my nephew's upcoming birthday.


So I've used the fun Celebrate Today set and co-ordinating balloon framelits for the main image and to hide the Shaker  Frames adhesive I cut a larger circle underneath the white layer using the circle framelits :-)

Card stock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Gold Soiree
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Not Quite Navy
Stamps: Celebrate Today
Accessories: Big Shot, Balloon and Circle Framelits, Window Sheets, Coastal Cabana Twine, Non SU Blue, Orange and Silver sequins


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the lovely creations the Team have made to inspire you and I am so looking forward to seeing what you will create with sequins this week too!

Happy stamping until next week,

Jan


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful happy card! As far as I am concerned, nobody makes a better shaker card Jan! And this one is no exception. Love the DSP your have used, it looks like confetti. Fall for you, almost Spring for us. Slowly warming up.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so generous Louise :-) There are some really lovely ones by the Ladies this week at JAI tho! The DSP is the Gold Soiree. Glad things are finally warming up for you - Rusty won't know himself without snow and mud to run through :-) xx

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a shaker card Jan and I just love your balloon one - and I've learned from experience something interactive is always appreciated by guys :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim - yes I hope he'll like it x

      Delete
  3. Great card Jan! Love the balloon shaker and the masculine look to your shaker. Lets hope your nephew loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much the orange sequins and little dsp flecks really pop on the crisp white Jan....Great card and shakers are always a winner with me..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of dsp Jan, it matches beautifully with your sequins - totally made to go together. Love your shaker and I'm sure your nephew will too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Jan, that balloon shaker is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, fun, interactive, bright card, Jan. Love it!!! I am sure your nephew will adore it!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, to create a shaker in a balloon. Love how you did that.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun shaker. Love the pretty sequins. I just got that balloon set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright colours, Jan, and the shaker balloon is clever! :)

    ReplyDelete