Saturday 13 December 2014

Joyful Wreath and Snake alert!!

Good evening! It has been a warm Saturday today and one that has had a fair share of drama for us….it is Summer here in Australia and that means it is snake season. So supposedly they are commonplace. Except I grew up in New Zealand - snake free land - and I am not comfortable even walking into the reptile house in the Zoo. So you can imagine my shock and horror when I opened the French door to take out washing to hang and there on the doorstep was a snake - that quickly wiggled away! A Tiger snake by all accounts…venomous of course! First thing I did was scream as I closed the door and went to keep Sally the Lab away/ Of course, I had spent most of the afternoon at the craft table - leaving the French doors open…..Oh my goodness!! So a quick phone call and the "Snake catcher" came but by then the snake couldn't be found…so we are not going to sleep well tonight I suspect!! The Catcher will come tomorrow and I will certainly keep a look out in the meantime. Is amazing and a relief the snake didn't come inside …and I was working in the garden this afternoon too….is scary what might have been. I am told the Tiger snake is more afraid of me than I of it but those who know me will tell you that is not likely!!! We haven't had snakes here before but there is  major construction going on next door so that is the likely source….better not be any more is all I can say!

In the meantime, before the snake drama I was working on a couple of Christmas cards using the Wondrous Wreath set - the first is using Traditional Colours and some retired Tule Ribbon to match the Cherry Cobbler Embossing powder.




Card stock: Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White, Gold Foil Specialty
Inks: Pear Pizzaz, Garden Green, Versamark
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath
Accessories: Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath Framelts, Large Polka Dots EF, Gold Sequin Trim, Cherry Cobbler EP, Cherry Cobbler Tule Ribbon (retired)

And the second is a revisit of the Gold and Silver Themed Challenge card I made earlier in the week for the Friday Mash Up where I was Cindy's pick as a Glamette - such a lovely surprise!! And you can see my original  post here


This time I embossed the greeting on the card first and then embossed the white card with the Large Polka Dot EF only above the greeting.
So I started by embossing the many leaves in Silver, then allowed time for it to cool and rubbing with the Embossing Buddy before adding the other layers - also one at a time. And of course added some silver and gold sequins. 

Card stock: Brushed Silver, Whisper White, Gold Foil specialty
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Wonderful Wreath
Accessories: Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Large Polka Dot EF, Silver, Gold and Cherry Cobbler EP, Silver Satin Ribbon, Gold Sequin trim, Frosted Sequin embellishments, Tombow glue, Dimensionals, glue dots

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope your preparations for Christmas are going well!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan







1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards Jan. although I love traditional colours the silver& gold combination is wow! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete